Google
 

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Introduction to the Telecom/Networking Blog

Welcome to my first post of the new Telecom and Networking Industry Blog! My goal is quite simple. Just to provide news and personal opinions related to latest developments in the industry. Please note that all the content and opinions displayed on this blog are strictly personal. I think that once again, as 8 years ago, we are in the middle of a huge transformation of the industry, where cable operators are getting into telecom, big telecoms are offering all kind of video services, and new entrants and Over-the-Top players, such as Google, Yahoo, YouTube, etc are pushing hard offering traditional telecommunications services...if everything plays out well, we should see a whole set of new affordable services to everybody....that's the purpose of this blog, to discuss about it. Hope you find it interesting and useful.

Also, I should start off by saying what you won't find here. There will no comments on Cisco Systems forecasts or earnings expectations. Reason for that is that I work for Cisco, plain and simple. So, I don’t want to get into trouble with my employer nor the I.R. department.

So, let me give you a brief description of who I am. I'm a highly motivated, results oriented, bilingual (Spanish and English) Management Professional with 11 years of professional experience in the telecommunications industry with specific emphasis on Worldwide Service Providers. I’m recognized for a strong commitment to customer satisfaction combined with a proven ability to successfully manage diverse cultures and rapidly changing business environment.

I have been employed as Finance Manager at Cisco Systems, Inc., for the past 4 years. During this time I have partnered with US Service Provider senior sales management to achieve financial and business goals by preparing and analyzing business information, while communicating impact to the organization. I have managed a team of three financial analysts focused on Managed Services reporting, leading to increased understanding of Managed Services business.

Prior to Cisco, I spent 4 years at LM Ericsson Telephone Company, where I held several positions, from Technical Support Engineer, to Sales Engineer, to Product Marketing Manager. In my last role I conducted competitive pricing analysis and developed business plans that led to 200% increase in Ericsson market share in Latin America. I also served as strategic advisor to Senior VP of Sales for Latin America to strengthen strategic development plan and stimulate new business partnerships.

I have extensive strategic finance experience within the high tech industry. I am a graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering from Argentina and an MBA from Washington University in Saint Louis, with focus on Corporate Finance, Venture Capital and Mergers and Acquisitions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

it is a very nice and impressive post and I like it.